In order to obtain a Schengen visa, you can contact a travel agency or submit documents in person. Self-filing of the application will cost much less, but at the same time you will need to spend some time filling out all the necessary papers and submitting them to the Consulate.
It is necessary
- - application form;
- - color photograph;
- - a valid foreign passport;
- - photocopies of all significant pages of the passport;
- - insurance policy;
- - additional documents (parental permission to take the child out of the country, invitation from the Finnish side, tickets or hotel reservations);
- - 35 euros to pay the consular fee;
- - money to pay for insurance for those traveling abroad.
To obtain a Schengen visa, you will need photographs.
- photo size 36 x 47 mm;
- the photo must be in color;
- the background should be light gray, in no case white;
- face in the photo in frontal position;
- photographs should be as fresh as possible;
- not allowed: retouching, inappropriate facial expressions, white clothing.
The application form can be submitted both in electronic and printed form. When filled in by hand, the letter size and handwriting must be clear and legible. However, a questionnaire filled in electronically allows you to reduce the time for consideration of the application.
One of the color photographs must be pasted in a specially designated place in the upper right corner of the first sheet of the questionnaire. The date of filling must correspond to the date of submission of the complete package of documents. Your signature on the application form must match the signature in your passport.
Be sure to indicate the requested visa validity period. The maximum time for a multiple entry tourist visa is 1 year.
Next, you need to take out insurance for those traveling abroad. It can be done at any of the licensed insurance agencies.
- it must cover the entire duration of the requested visa and the entire territory of the Schengen Agreement;
- the limit of the sum insured is not less than EUR 30,000.
You need to submit a full package of documents to the consulate or representative office of the country through which you plan to enter the Schengen area. However, the easiest way for residents of Russia to submit documents to the Finnish consulate, since the process of registration itself and the requirements for the presentation of documents are much easier for them.
The approximate time for consideration of an application for a visa is 10-12 working days.