It often happens that many fly on vacation through Hong Kong, and during the transfer, tourists have the opportunity to spend several hours in this wonderful place. Here you can visit several attractions in a short time.
You won't be able to visit a lot in a few hours, but even one or two small trips will be enough to get vivid impressions of this vacation. Moreover, the choice is large:
1. If you want to see the whole island from its highest point - follow the observation deck "Victoria Peak", which is located in the western part. The mountain is named after Queen Victoria, and there are several ways to get to it: by road, on foot or by cable car - this is the most popular transport among tourists. At Victoria Peak, you can walk in the parks, go to cafes and several observation decks. The view of Hong Kong from here is very picturesque.
2. Lovers of boat trips will like the crossing on the Star Ferry, a kind of Hong Kong's trademark. A walk along Victoria Harbor between Central Pier (Hong Kong Island) and Tsim Sha Tsui Pier (Coulon Peninsula) will take about 10 minutes, during which time you can explore the island from the water. Interestingly, passengers on this "Star Ferry" have been ferrying from coast to coast since 1888.
3. Not far from Chek Lapkok Airport is the Ngon-Ping complex. Its pride is the famous almost 30-meter statue of Buddha weighing 202 tons. This is the largest outdoor Buddha image. Here you can take a large cable car that connects Tung Chung (northern part of the island) with the Ngong Ping area. The funicular journey will last 25 minutes, during which time you can see the picturesque hilly landscape of Lantau, the skyscrapers of the new Tung Chung district, Hong Kong airport and the turquoise harbors of the South China Sea. Those traveling in see-through cabins will see the full picture, including walking tourists walking towards Po Lin Monastery.
4. Fans of fish delicacies will flock to the fishing village of Tai-O. It is called the local Venice, because the houses here are on stilts. Gourmets will love the local salted fish and shrimp paste. A few Hong Kong cents - and now tourists are enjoying a cool beer with an incredibly tasty snack at a local restaurant. And on the street at this time, the aroma of rice donuts is carried, which are fried in the presence of customers. Such delicious Chinese herbal infusions, coriander pie, waifcakes are hard to find elsewhere in Hong Kong.
5. Direct express from the airport to Sky 100 indoor observation deck (20 minutes to Kowloon station). The site is located at almost 500 meters above sea level, on the 100th floor of the International Commercial Center, where the elevator reaches in 1 minute. This is the tallest building in Hong Kong - a 360-degree view will allow you to see the whole city, so some people come here to create a convenient route for walking around Hong Kong. Several multimedia exhibitions dedicated to the history and culture of Hong Kong are constantly running here.